I hope you are ready for some amazing, fun and simple Easter/Spring desserts and two amazing giveaways to go with them! I have recently made an acquaintance online through Bloggy Moms and we have quickly become good blogging friends. With all of our commonalities we have decided to put our creative brain power together to create great recipes and fun giveaways. But, I guess I should slow down a little and tell you about my new buddy first! Her name is Carrie and she is the mom/wife behind My Housewife Advice. She loves creating and sharing as much as I do and you'll love what she has to offer!
*The WOW Factor*
Carrie and I have created two amazing desserts that you will want to make to impress yourself and your family too!
Don't go running and screaming, it's not difficult. I can break it down into 6 simple steps.
1. Mix up your white cake mix as usual.
2. Bake 1/4 of it in a small cake pan.
3.Place 1-2 tablespoons of raw batter inside your cupcake liners, bake for 3-5 minutes.
While those are baking...
4. Crumble up the cake from step 2 and add 1-2 tablespoons of raw cake batter and your favorite gel/paste color and mix (similar to play dough)!
Pull out those partial cupcakes...
5. Using the raw, colored dough make spheres about the size of a small bouncy ball, using the palms of your hands taper the ball at one end to look like an egg.
6. Place a cake egg, wide side down then cover with remaining cake mix.
Then bake until golden.
To decorate these babies... frost with your favorite flavor/color frosting and dip in green sprinkles. I used mini chocolate bunnies and jelly beans as a decoration on top.
*Even More WOW*
If you loved that cupcake then you will love what Carrie has created!
Here is a little sneak peak of her parfait.